Tehran will not bow out of the talks on the removal of sanctions and revival of the 2015 nuclear deal, a spokesperson for the Iranian administration said on Tuesday.
Speaking to reporters at a press conference on Tuesday, Ali Bahadori Jahromi urged the other side of the deal to abandon excessive demands in the negotiations.
He said that the negotiations about saving the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) and lifting the sanctions are in progress.
“The other side must drop the excessive demands,” he underlined, as quoted by Tasnim news agency.
“The Islamic Republic of Iran has not left and won’t leave the talks,” the spokesman added.
Pointing to the “constructive path” that has been taken in the sanctions removal talks, Bahadori Jahromi reiterated the four conditions that Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi has insisted on, namely the necessity for guarantees, the real and practical verifications, the sustainable termination of sanctions, and an end to the political allegations regarding the Safeguards Agreement.
Despite Iran’s full compliance with the agreement, the United States unilaterally withdrew from the historic agreement in 2018 and re-imposed crippling sanctions as part of the so-called “maximum pressure” campaign.
Numerous rounds of negotiations between the signatories to the JCPOA have taken place in the Austrian capital since last year in order to explore the possibility of the agreement’s revival and the lifting of the unjustified economic sanctions.
Source: Iranian media