Fires broke out at two Saudi Aramco oil facilities after they were struck by drones early Saturday, the kingdom’s interior ministry said.
“At 4.00 am (0100 GMT) the industrial security teams of Aramco started dealing with fires at two of its facilities in Abqaiq and Khurais as a result of… drones,” the ministry said in a statement carried by the official Saudi Press Agency.
“The two fires have been controlled,” the agency added.
The statement added that an investigation had been launched after the attack in the kingdom’s Eastern Province but did not specify the source of the drones.
Saudi facilities, especially military ones, have been targeted by Yemeni revolutionaries’ drones and missiles in recent months, in retaliation to Saudi0led aggression against the Arab impoverished country.
Meanwhile on Saturday, Al-Manar correspondent in Sanaa reported that the spokesman of the Yemeni armed forces is to announce within few hours details on a drone offensive in the Saudi depth.
Yemen has been since March 2015 under brutal aggression by Saudi-led Coalition, in a bid to restore control to fugitive president Abd Rabbu Mansour Hadi who is Riyadh’s ally
Hundreds of thousands of Yemenis have been killed or injured in the strikes launched by the coalition, with the vast majority of them are civilians.
The coalition, which includes in addition to Saudi Arabia and UAE: Bahrain, Egypt, Morocco, Jordan, Sudan and Kuwait, has been also imposing a harsh blockade against Yemenis.