Israeli occupation is on alert on Tuesday as Zionist settlers are planning a provocative march in Al-Quds that risks igniting tensions with the Palestinian Resistance which for its part warned that “all options are on the table.”
Israeli occupation military has deployed Iron Dome air defense batteries and raised its level of alert ahead of the so-called ‘Flag March’ on Tuesday.
On Monday evening, Israeli security officials decided to let the march go on as planned last week. The march was planned earlier in May, but was cancelled as Palestinian Resistance fired rockets on Al-Quds over Israeli aggression against Palestinians i the holy city and Al-Aqsa Mosque.
Hamas and Egypt Mediation
Hamas warned the Israeli occupation that the march will renew unrest, less than a month after the two sides reached a cease-fire following 11 days of Israeli aggression on Gaza.
“We are calling on Palestinians in Al-Quds (Jerusalem) and within the Green Line to halt the march tomorrow,” said Hamas spokesman Abdulatif Al-Qanua on Monday.
He dubbed the march, in which Zionist right-wing groups parade through the Old City carrying Israeli flags, a “fuse for a new explosion aimed at defensing Al-Aqsa Mosque and Al-Quds.”
Hamas spokesman in Al-Quds Mohammad Hamade stressed that “all options are on table”, noting that the Resistance group is estimating the situation based on latest developments.
“Those who want to mediate should talk to the occupation in order to stop its provocative behavior in Al-Quds.”
According to a Monday report on Lebanese newspaper Al-Akhbar, Hamas leadership told Abbas Kamel, the head Egyptian intelligence who was heavily involved in mediating last month’s cease-fire with the Zionist entity, that the organization’s response to the march would be “identical” to its actions in May, when rockets were fired at Jerusalem.
For its part, Islamic Jihad Resistance movement stressed it will defend Al-Quds and Al-Aqsa with all means against Israeli provocations.
“Israeli occupation won’t get a foothold in Al-Quds and we are ready to sacrifice ourselves for Al-Aqsa,” the group said in a statement on Tuesday, calling on Palestinians in Al-Quds to defend the holy city.
Source: Palestinian and Israeli media