The Iranian Advisory Committee in Syria warned the US on Friday that it has the “upper hand” and capable to respond further to US strikes in Syria.
In a statement, the advisory committee stressed that the Iranian military presence in Syria has been legitimate, unlike the presence of US occupation forces in the Arabic country.
“We have the capability to respond if our centers and forces in Syria are targeted,” the statement said, adding that US strikes on Thursday killed seven of its fighters and injured seven others.
The statement was released shortly after two US bases came under attacks by drones and missiles in Deir Ezzor, in retaliation for deadly strikes in the area earlier on Thursday.
US officials said two simultaneous attacks were launched against US forces in Syria on Friday. Officials said that, based on preliminary information, one US service member was injured in a rocket attack at the Conoco plant but was in stable condition. At about the same time, several drones were launched at Green Village, where US troops are also based.
Source: Al-Manar and Al-Jazeera