Hamas condemned Israeli regime’s latest settlement plans in the occupied Golan Heights as a new form of aggression against Arab people.
Hazem Qassem, the Palestinian resistance movement’s spokesman, said on Tuesday that the Israeli regime’s approval of settlement projects to double the number of settler units in the occupied Syrian Golan is a “new aggression against Arab land and rights, and an extension of its aggression” against Palestine and Palestinians.
“These settlement projects expose once again the arrogant behavior of the occupation and its expansionist policy in the region, disregarding all international laws and resolutions,” he noted.
Hamas’ spokesman underlined that the “settlement plan … will not succeed in changing the historical facts, nor the identity of the Arab land, and the rights of the Palestinian nation are the fixed constant, whereas (the existence of) the Zionist settlers, who are foreign to the Arab land, will end.”
Qassem said the Israeli aggression against the Palestinian and Arab land “requires an escalation by the masses of our Arab and Islamic nation and all its forces to resist this Zionist project and to put an end to its arrogance in the region.”
Earlier in the day, the Arab League warned the Zionist entity over its settlement plans in the occupied Golan Heights, saying the Israeli occupation must stop its attempts to change the demographic make-up and the legal status of the territory.
The Tel Aviv regime approved a one-billion-shekel plan on Sunday to double the number of Israeli settler units in the occupied Golan Heights, four decades after the occupying regime occupied the Syrian territory.
Source: Iranian media